Walnut Creek, CA Divorce Lawyers
Our strong financial and litigation backgrounds uniquely position us to navigate complex divorce and family law matters. And win.
Book Your Consultation
Walnut Creek, CA
Family Law Office
1990 N California Blvd 8th Floor
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Monday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: By appointment
- Sunday: By appointment
Speak to an Attorney
Kaspar & Lugay - Walnut Creek
Our main office location is in Corte Madera, Marin County, California, but we also have law offices in Napa, Walnut Creek, and Santa Barbara.
Directions to the Contra Costa County Office
From the North:
- Take I-680 S (Senator Daniel E. Boatwright Highway) and follow signs for Walnut Creek.
- Take exit 47 and merge onto N Main Street.
- Turn right onto Ygnacio Valley Road then an immediate right onto N California Blvd.
- Our office is located on the right-hand side.
From the South:
- Take I-680 N (Senator Daniel E. Boatwright Highway) to exit 46B for N California Blvd.
- Turn right onto Ygnacio Valley Road, then left onto N California Blvd.
- Our office is located on the right-hand side.
Best Divorce Attorneys in Walnut Creek
Contra Costa Divorce Lawyer | Walnut Creek Family Law Attorneys
The Walnut Creek Law Office of Kaspar & Lugay offers a variety of family law services to help with any of your legal needs.
Whether you’re interested in obtaining information about filing for divorce or you need help with child support and
custody, you can stop by the Walnut Creek office to get the advice and assistance you need. We can handle any family law issues, whether you need answers to simple questions or help to deal with complex family law issues. Schedule your family law consultation with a Walnut Creek divorce lawyer today.
Contra Costa County, CA
Family Law Services Offered in Walnut Creek & Contra Costa County
The Walnut Creek Office provides a variety of different legal services designed to help those who need help with any subsection of family law. Some of the services include the following.
- Divorce – If you’re thinking you want to get a divorce or your spouse has suggested a divorce, you need to know what to expect. The lawyers at the Walnut Creek law office can discuss your situation and give you personalized advice to help you move forward.
- Child Custody and Child Support – Determining child custody and support can be complicated and stressful. Let the attorneys answer any questions you might have and provide the help you need to get the custody or support of your children figured out.
- Property Division – Along with child support and custody decisions, property division can be extremely problematic during a divorce. Are you entitled to half of the home, even if your name isn’t on it? How are the savings accounts or other financial accounts going to be shared? The law firm can help answer all of these and any other questions you might have.
- Financial Protection – Are you worried about how much child support you need to pay? Are you concerned you may be required to pay alimony? Let a lawyer from the Walnut Creek office discuss what could happen if you get divorced and how your finances may be split during the divorce.
- Business and Family Law Issues – Business owners may be worried about their business if they divorce. Employees who have stock options as part of a start-up might worry about whether their spouse receives some of their stock in the divorce. The law firm has experience handling issues like these and can talk to you about what to expect.
- Post-Divorce Assistance – Unfortunately, just because the divorce is final doesn’t mean your issues end. If you’re having trouble collecting alimony or child support, or if your spouse is not adhering to the divorce decree, you might have options. A lawyer will be able to let you know if anything can be done about the issues you’re having and, if so, what needs to be done for you to get the help you need.
No matter what issue you’re having, if it’s a family law topic, the law firm of Kaspar & Lugay in Walnut Creek can help you get the answers to questions you might have and can help you with any legal procedures that need to be accomplished. You can call them for a consultation to learn more about how they can help you.
Related Walnut Creek Family Law Topics
At Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, we provide families with effective solutions and staunch legal advocacy throughout the divorce process.
- Divorce for Professionals. For those in positions that require professional certifications – attorneys, doctors, CPAs, etc. – there is often more at stake when it comes to divorce. Our skilled and financially savvy team (our founding partner is also a CPA, and our other partner has significant financial litigation experience) knows how to navigate the unique challenges of divorce for professionals.
- High Asset Divorce. If you are a high earner or have a significant amount of wealth and assets (many people in the greater Bay Area do), it’s possible you’ll need a forensic accountant as well as the expertise and diligence of experienced attorneys who regularly deal with high asset divorce. Let our experience work to your benefit.
- International Divorce. Whether you or your spouse moved for work, or for other reasons, international divorce can be quite complex and you’ll need somebody who is adept at understanding the nuance and scope of your unique situation.
- Legal Separation. Many wonder what the “real” difference between separation and divorce is (tax implications, rights and responsibilities, etc.). Simply moving out of the house is not being legally separated. Learn what you can expect during this process.
- Uncontested Divorce. Uncontested divorce means there is full alignment in terms of division of assets during a divorce. This is extremely rare where children and/or assets/property are involved. If this sounds like you, here’s some info that may help.
- Out of State (Interstate) Divorce. Much like international divorce, those who live in separate states may be subject to inconsistent rules, procedures and protocol in different jurisdictions. Move-away orders can be complex, and our team has had incredible success in finding winning solutions for parents and children.
A child’s best interests must remain at the forefront in any custody and support dispute. We tenaciously protect the rights of our clients and their children in child custody and visitation matters as well as child support proceedings.
- Child Support Modifications. California child support orders are based on numerous factors, including both parents’ financial situations and circumstances at the time of their divorce. At Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, we understand circumstances change and our expertise allows us to assist you in seeking a modification to your existing child support order.
- Custody & Care of Special Needs Children. At our family law firm, you will work with a lawyer who recognizes and understands all that you are going through as you seek a stable future for yourself and your special needs child.
- Interstate Child Custody Disputes. Child custody is very often the most highly emotionally charged aspect of a divorce or separation. While our firm cannot promise to remove the painful dilemmas associated with an interstate or international child custody dispute, we can offer clear direction.
In a high net worth divorce in Contra Costa County, as well as in households of more modest means, our attorneys draw on our experience in high-stakes litigation and our finance and tax backgrounds to obtain the most favorable property division settlement or judgment possible.
- Startups: Early Employees, High Level Employees & RSUs. Startup founders going through divorce tend to face more complex issues during property division proceedings because their stake in the company could be worth a considerable amount of money or very little if the company fails.
- Startups: Employees & RSUs/Equity. For employees going through divorce, understanding the vesting and distribution schedule of their RSU grant becomes incredibly important because these schedules not only determine when the employee is awarded equity, but how much that equity is worth.
- Startups: Founders & RSUs. At Kaspar & Lugay LLP in Walnut Creek, California, we help startup founders and business owners alike handle the challenge of valuating and dividing community property, including RSUs, in divorce settlements.
- Personal and Inherited Property in Divorce. We enter each California divorce case we handle with determination to understand every nuance and find the best strategic approach. In matters of company, project, and franchising valuation, we turn to the most qualified industry experts, forensic accountants, and other professionals available to assess our clients’ positions.
We understand the many nuances of California law related to spousal support and alimony and we will diligently pursue a fair permanent award through the discovery process and trial when necessary.
- Walnut Creek Spousal Support Attorney. In many ways, the most important step in evaluating spousal support and child support matters is identifying the assets involved in the marriage. Our lawyers are accomplished in knowing how, and where, to look for hidden assets and hidden income in an asset search.
Meet Your Local Attorneys
BRENT KARL KASPAR
Kaspar & Lugay LLP was founded by Brent Kaspar, Esq. a member of the California Bar and California Board of Accountancy. Mr. Kaspar earned his JD from the University of Tulsa School of Law and his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Accounting from Oklahoma State University.
Robert J. Sullivan has been a member of the California State Bar since 2004. During that time, he has practiced family law almost exclusively, having represented hundreds of spouses and parents.
ARVIN CERO LUGAY
Arvin Lugay focuses his practice exclusive on family law. Mr. Lugay, has dedicated his practice exclusively to family law matters for many years now and has extensive experience with custoday matters, division of assets, and spousal support issues.
My father left my mother and I when I was four years old, and then my mother passed away when I was ten. Since then I was a ward of the court, and was raised by my sister and large extended family. I was the community child. Everyone contributed what they could whether it be time, money or love and life lessons.
Walnut Creek Courthouse Location
The local courthouse is where you’ll need to go for any in-court hearings. The Walnut Creek courthouse is located at Walnut Creek Superior Court, 640 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94596. It is open Monday through Friday, excluding court holidays, from 8 AM to 5 PM. The clerk’s windows are open from 8 AM to 4 PM daily.
Contra Costa County Family Law Court
- 3501 Civic Center Dr, San Rafael, CA 94903
- Thursday 9AM–4PM
- Friday 9AM–4PM
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
- Monday 9AM–4PM
- Tuesday 9AM–4PM
- Wednesday 9AM–4PM
- Phone: (415) 444-7000
Local Places to See
The picturesque city of Corte Madera is home to plenty of activities and fun things to do. You’ll want to make sure you look into Corte Madera by the Bay for biking, tree swings, ice cream and more. If you’re ready for an adventure, head on the ferry to Angel Island to have a picnic, go biking, or take a hike.
You can also have a fun night out on the town at any of the amazing restaurants in the area. The weather is beautiful year-round, so it’s always a great time to set off on an amazing adventure and leave the worries of your divorce behind for a little bit.
Do not hesitate to seek legal assistance if you’re considering a divorce, need help with a divorce you’ve already filed, or if you’ve finalized the divorce and need further legal assistance. The law office of Kaspar & Lugay in Corte Madera is going to provide all of the assistance you need before, during and after your divorce. Visit the law office or give them a call today to set up a consultation and discuss your situation with a lawyer.
The Town Of Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, CA
Walnut Creek Information
Located in sunny California, Walnut Creek is an amazing city with plenty to see and do. The Ruth Bancroft Garden showcases hundreds of different cacti and succulents. Lindsay Wildlife experience displaces native California wildlife and offers a wide variety of educational classes and tours to teach you about the wildlife in California.
If you’re looking for a spot to relax after dealing with the stress of family law issues, the Lesher Center for the Arts has three theaters with several entertainment choices to pick from. Check out the Walnut Creek Model Railroad Society to view thousands of feet of model train tracks to see an amazing display of craftsmanship.
If you need any kind of family law assistance, the Law Office of Kaspar & Lugay in Walnut Creek can provide the help you need. They are ready to talk to you about your unique situation and help you find the answers you need. Visit the law office in person or give them a call today to set up a time to speak with a lawyer about your circumstances and the options you might have.
“The best law firm for divorce in the bay area. Both Brent and Arvin are incredibly well versed in your rights and what is FAIR. They have gone out of their way to help me obtain a divorce from a very difficult situation. They were always professional, insightful and right on the money when it came to what you could expect. They held my hand through some of the more difficult areas and made sure I was well represented both in the courtroom and through many email exchanges with the defendant. I would highly recommend using them for both mediation (which mine started out as) and for full reprensentation.
“I was referred to Kaspar & Lugay law firm by a family member. From the first time I walked into their office, they have been very kind and courteous to me. I was primarily represented by Arvin Lugay in my divorce (and is currently ongoing) and don’t think I would have won my first case without him. He worked diligently day and night to make sure that we would be prepared in all our hearings. Arvin pays attention to every detail about the case and we both worked in a collective effort on the different strategies. He has helped me and family tremendously and I could not ask for a better lawyer than him. He is highly experienced and focuses on a really smart approach to every situation.”
“Brent is the best attorney I have ever worked with. My complex divorce landed in the best, most capable hands you can imagine. Everything about my divorce became effortless- Brent is brilliant at handling all the details and guiding through with expertise. I had NO stress, which is hard to imagine in my situation. He is steady as a rock, knows his stuff, and is EXACTLY the person you want in your corner when you need an attorney.”