Post-Decree Modifications

Post-Decree Modifications in California

Alimony, Child Support, Custody and Visitation Modifications in Marin, Napa, Walnut Creek, and Santa Barbara

Does your child need a different visitation plan for school or health reasons? Has your former spouse received a raise in pay? If circumstances have changed significantly since your child support, spousal support, custody, or visitation order was issued, California courts will consider a request for post-decree modification.

Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, represents individuals before, during, and after divorce . We can help you pursue the post-decree modification you need to reflect the changes in your life.

Please give us a call at 415-789-5881 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.

How Will Modifying a Custody or Support Order Affect Your Child

The family law attorneys at Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, will help you consider all of your legal options, including a variety of parenting plans. We will discuss how each plan will affect your relationship with your child and how it will affect your financial security.

After you have decided how to proceed, we will develop a customized strategy to fit your unique needs, present our arguments in settlement or at trial, and get you the outcome you deserve. If you feel your child is at risk if he or she returns to the other parent?s home, we will request that the court take immediate action while the matter is investigated.

Reasons a Court May Grant a Post-Decree Modification

Post-decree modifications can be ordered by the court for a number of reasons, including:

  • Change in income of a spouse or parent
  • Change in a child?s needs due to medical expenses, a special class, or an activity
  • Your child has grown to a stage where the best interests of the child require a change
  • The custodial parent is relocating and a change will allow the child to remain
  • The custodial parent is moving, a move-away order has been issued allowing the parent to take the child out of state, and a different custody and visitation arrangement is needed
  • School hours, sports, or other activities require a change in the parenting plan.

Need to Modify an Alimony Order

If the terms of your divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership include a provision for alimony and either you or your ex?s needs or resources have changed significantly since the decree, you may be eligible for modification of the spousal support decree. We can help you take the necessary measures required to petition for a modification of spousal support.

Call Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, at 415-789-5881 or contact us online for more information.


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Meet Your Attorneys

Marin Law Office

Corte Madera, CA

Our headquarters is in Corte Madera, CA


770 Tamalpais Drive, Suite 200
Corte Madera, CA 94925

Call Now

Napa Law Office

Napa, CA

Visit our Napa County office


1606 Main Street, Suite 207
Napa, CA 94559

Call Now

Walnut Creek Law Office

Walnut Creek, CA

Visit our Contra Costa County office


1990 N California Blvd., 8th Floor
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Call Now

Santa Barbara Law Office

Santa Barbara, CA

Our Santa Barbara office serves the entire Central Coast

805-719- 7841

827 State Street, Suite 1
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Call Now
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Scroll to Top

Just Letting You Know...
There is No Wait to Speak With Our Team

Our phone lines just opened up and our team is standing by.

Call 415-789-5881