- California, 1999
- Golden Gate University School of Law 1996-1999
- Smith College 1989-1993
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Geology
- O’Brien Law Firm
- Dates Employed: Feb 2020 – Mar 2020
- Employment Duration 2 mos
- Location Petaluma, California, United States
- Insurance defense litigation.
- Ronald Dinan & Associates Contract
- Dates Employed: Feb 2019 – Feb 2020
- Employment Duration 1 yr 1 mo
- Location Santa Rosa, California, United States
- Criminal law defense.
Moral Character Analyst
- State Bar of California
- Dates Employed: Mar 2016 – Feb 2017
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Reviewed and analyzed applications for Moral Character determination; assigned classification levels; evaluated the depth and sufficiency of information provided and requested additional information from the applicant and/or outside agencies where necessary.
- Approved applications where appropriate and consulted with supervisors to review higher-level clearances.
- Prepared detailed reports for the Committee of Bar Examiners, which included analysis of law enforcement and court documents, applicant statements, witness statements, financial and bankruptcy records, licensing agency records, and other records relevant to the application. …
Legal Research Attorney
- Alameda Superior Court
- Dates Employed: Oct 2014 – Jun 2015
- Location Oakland, CA
- Researched legal issues presented to the Court in pre-trial and post-trial motions, and in petitions for writ of mandamus. Common issues included petitions for writ of mandamus contesting administrative hearing findings; motions to set aside default judgments; discovery motions; motions to compel arbitration; motions to enforce or set aside an arbitration award; default judgment applications; and issues involving unlawful detainer actions.
- In briefings to the Court on each motion presented, summarized legal evidence, procedural history, and legal contentions; analyzed factual and legal issues; recommended appropriate disposition.
- Presented analysis, conclusions, and recommendations to Superior Court Judges in written memoranda and during oral briefing.
- Legal Research & Writing